This may seem rather insignificant to some but if you are a parent that has a child with an attachment "lovey" then you will be able to appreciate this treasure hunt!
Grant has "dog-dog" and it is his #1. He must have dog-dog when he goes to bed at night, for naptime, when we travel...or just go to the grocery store. He would go absolutely everywhere with him if we let him, like into the bathtub or swimming pool. Thankfully dog-dog is completely washable and has only had a few stitches in his lifetime and cleans up really well, though we have to sneak him into the washer and dryer every few days when Grant isn't looking.
All of this is to say, I have been on a bit of a treasure hunt looking for a back-up dog-dog just in case of emegency, and his is getting pretty dingy! There have a been a few instances where dog-dog went missing and it was a bit of a fire drill trying to locate him.
Well, before dog-dog became #1 (probably 9-12 months ago) I was strolling through Goodwill and found one exactly like him (tags were even still on) and I thought, EWWW a stuffed animal at Goodwill, AND it was $4.99?!! I remembered seeing similar type stuffed animals brand new in stores for $7.99 so I quickly walked past so Grant wouldn't see it and want to play.
Of course, months later I'm kicking myself for not having bought it. After dog-dog became such an attachment and I started my quest to find a back-up I realized it is Ty Pluffies brand and his particular dog is from 2002 and since been "retired," aka a collector's item and they charge an arm and a leg for them on eBay, new or used! Once I had finally figured out what I was looking for and found them for $20-$50 a piece on eBay I about had cardiac arrest and decided to continue my search at Goodwill.
Today was THE DAY!!
My persistence has finally paid off, not only did I find one but TWO and they were $.99 a piece, I couldn't pass them up! Grant about jumped out of the shopping cart when he saw them both, he kept saying two dog-dog, two dog-dog and was absolutely tickled to have them. You can see in the picture (2 on the right) they are in mint condition and after a few times through the washing machine this afternoon I feel better about where they came from! Who knows, one may even find it's way onto eBay...the kid doesn't really need 3, right?!
After all of those ramblings I will leave you with #27 of the 31 Biblical Virtues to pray for your kids.
Passion for God. "Lord, please instill in my children a soul that 'followeth hard after thee' (Ps. 63:8, KJV), one that clings passionately to you."
Sweet Dreams!
5 comments:
I'm so glad you found your treasure!! Aly loves her bunny and kitty, so I can certainly relate!!
I would have LOVED to have seen Grant's face when he saw that you had TWO of them!!
I won't tell you how much we spent on replacing "pony" over the years... UGH. Let's just say she has two left. Once they are gone, no more pony. Period.
Mean Mommy signing off... xoxo
that's so funny that we were just talking about that yesterday! what a FIND! i totally vote for posting one on ebay for $50... :)
Ha! We have the same problem in our house although I haven't found a back up yet! Grace LOVES Ella, her pink stuffed elephant. This elephant is DINGY so I really need a back up. Feeling motivated to try Goodwill!
nice work, mamma! Goodwill prevails!
Post a Comment