Pink Eye made it's home in Parker last week, yuck! Thankfully he was the only victim and after a few days of antibiotic eye drops there was hardly any evidence of him ever even having it. Grant started a cold a few weeks ago, passed it along to me and eventually Parker was sniffling, sneezing and then came the pink eye, poor little guy! I soooo appreciate everyone being healthy in our household again!
Parker had his 2 month appointment this week and wow, he is growing like a weed. He is 13 lbs, 6 oz (95% for weight), and 24 1/2 in (97% for height). He loves to nurse and our days are spent doing just that about every 2 hours! I cannot complain though, Parker has been sleeping through the night since about 6 weeks and I mean really sleeping through the night, usually from about 9:30/10:30 pm until 6:30/7:30 am! I NEED sleep and absolutely adore the fact that this child loves to sleep as well!
When Grandpa and Grandma O were visiting, after Parker's birth, Gpa O was insistent that Parker needed a NUK brand pacifier. He swore that since my brother and I liked it that Parker would also take it more easily than the brand we were given at the hospital. So, our first trip to Target Gpa O made the big purchase and I will be the first to tell you, he was RIGHT! I think the only reason Parker doesn't nurse ALL day long is because of his NUK! Even Grant knows how important it is to have the NUK handy, he will go get it for me if I need him too!
A few other notables: Parker isn't a huge fan of tummy time, his vitamins, and anything over or on his head/face. We are on our last pack of size 1 diapers and then we're already moving onto size 2, his poor thighs just need a little more room :) He's a little peely right now so I haven't decided if I'm going to try different soap or just start putting a little lotion on him. He is still really smiley and we all try to make him smile as often as possible, it's a fun game! He's also already wearing 6 and 9 month outfits! He enjoys bath time, his swing, the buzzy seat, riding in the car (when it's moving!) and his play mat.
Parker, you are truly a wonderful baby and we are blessed to have 2 healthy, beautiful boys to call our own! You have already captured our hearts and even your big brother Grant's. We all stare in awe of you and melt when you flash us that little grin you have! We pray you will continue to grow healthy and strong and be filled with the same love and joy you have already blessed us with.
Love,
Mommy
13 years ago
2 comments:
I also swear by the Nuk brand. Adrian already took to his yesterday :) Beware...they become addicting and may not want to give it up later. Adele is at that stage now :(
You are such a good mommy!! Your sweet boys are so blessed!
Oh.. and I won't tell Evelyn that Parker didn't like her blue po's! ;)_
xo
Post a Comment