This morning I have an overwhelming urge to note what Grant has been up to these past few weeks & months for fear I won't remember them later. I am astounded at how quickly time is passing and our little guy is turning one in less than one month so I am feeling a bit nostalgic!
1/ The past few weeks Grant has started to wave back at people, it is adorable because he usually waves with both hands in the air!
2/ I remember, specifically on Valentine's Day, Grant nursing and while drifting off to sleep softly giggling...oh, to only know what he is dreaming of! He has done this on a few occassions and I adore it, it warms my heart and is music to my ears.
3/ Grant now claps if you clap and will mimic about anything, jumping & coughing to name a few, it's quite funny.
4/ A few words he doesn't yet know he is saying but will say and repeat are uh-0h, mama & dada.
5/ On Easter he started squinting & squeezing his eyes completely shut for pictures being taken, funny guy!
6/ He is becoming more and more brave, letting go of things to try and walk to objects but usually crashes. He had his first shiner this week on his left eye, he fell into the wooden rocking chair in our family room, ouch! I tried unsuccessfully to get a good picture of it...I'm sure there will be many more to show off in the years to come!
7/ BUSY, this best describes our little man these days. He is in constant motion, it never ceases to fail, we look up one minute and he is sitting in the curtains playing and the next minute he's standing over by the couch across the room.
8/ Lately he's been playing with his O-ball, he flings it so that it rolls away from him and then he crawls over to get it and does it all over again, it's really funny to watch.
9/ The remote control, cords, outlets, being naked, curtains, plastic grocery sacks, Daddy's Wall Street Journal, music, bananas, sweet potatoes, kitchen items (Tupperware, plastic bottles, wooden spooons, etc.), dogs, Harvey his crib fish, drinking from a cup, Mommy's blow dryer, boxes, bath time, standing up in his crib and bouncing on his mattress, and shoes, just to name a few, are his most favorite things.
10/ Things he most dislikes include getting his diaper changed while remaining in one position, teething (#5 & 6 are on their way), getting his face wiped after meals, not being where all the action is (kitchen if we're cooking, bathroom if we're using the potty, you get the idea), being held when all he wants to do is stand up and walk around, and when we put cords and breakables out of his reach.
There are many, many more but these are what came to mind first!
Have a great weekend everyone.
Love,
Abby
13 years ago
3 comments:
So good to write them down... I cannot wait to see the little man in a few weeks! Love to all of you!
I hear you! I get so sad thinking about how I am going to forget something!! I have been journaling for him so that someday I can share with him what he did, what we did and what we love about him...I love reading your blog - keep it up!
Abby - I love all of your favorite things about Grant....it makes me smile :) It is so fun to write those things down....
Post a Comment