At 4 weeks he had already outgrown his newborn diapers and is now wearing size 1 and we also had to start putting him in the pack-n-play rather than the bassinet to sleep at night because he is just too long! Yikes, Grant was in the bassinet until 3 months of age?!
Parker was back at his birth weight at his one week check-up, the dr informed me that most babies take 2 weeks. At his 2 week check-up he had gained an additional pound, weighing in at 9 lbs 4.5 oz. This does make perfect sense to me since the boy LOVES to eat and it seems my days and most nights are spent nursing!
His longest stretch of sleep, as of 5 weeks of age, is 5 hours. I can't complain too much, he is doing quite well in that department though I would like a solid 8 hours every night if I could have my way!
Grant continues to wake up each morning and when asked what he dreamed about he replies, "baketball." He has done this for months and when asked who was on his team he usually responds with various family members but now it is frequently, "Parker." When asked if he won the game and by how many points it is, "Yes, 2 points!" Always an exciting game I am sure!
He still adores his brother and wants to be as close to him as possible. He asks to see Parker first thing each morning when we take him out of his crib, sooo sweet! When he goes outside or we leave the house to run errands, etc, he always says, "Parker too, Parker too!"
Grant is also proving he is a typical 2 year old keeping us on our toes always! He challenges everything we say or tell him to do, we ask him to put his shoes on he'll want to go barefoot and if we want him to take his shoes off he wants to keep them on. Pretty much that is how our day goes all day long! This too shall pass, right?!
All of this is to say, I thank God daily for these two precious blessings in my life and truly can't imagine life any other way right now. It has become exponentially more challenging to do things such as take a shower, fix a meal, go to the grocery store...pretty much anything and everything is more difficult but I treasure these days and pray I will not forget even the tiniest details. I am constantly reminded that each day is a gift and to take nothing for granted!
31 Biblical Virtues to pray for your kids
30. Gratitude. "Help my children to live lives that are always overflowing with thankfulness and always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Eph. 5:20, Col. 2:7).
Love,
Abby
1 comment:
What wonderful pictures & memories, Ab! It sounds like you're mastering the art of the mommy-of-two, of which I hope to be able to say the same in just a few short months!
Sending lots of love and prayers from Iowa!
Hugs,
Jamie
Post a Comment