Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A New Week

Tomorrow is Monday so I have some updating to do in effort to catch-up with what has been going on around here. We've been busy since Grandpa & Grandma O left on Tuesday....I like to stay busy after they've visited so it's not quite such a rough transition for all of us but we miss them terribly!

First, here are some noteworthy little man updates from the past couple of weeks.

--The week before we left for Maui Grant was up multiple nights in a row because of his molars coming in, this being two weeks later he has 3 new molars that have popped through and one new bottom tooth. Poor guy, I would've been crying all night too with so many new teeth making their home in my mouth.

--How big is Grant? Result= Grant opens his arms as wide as possible

--How tall is Grant? Result= he holds his hands as high in the air as he possibly can

--Ask Grant what he does when we turn on the music? Result= Grant wiggling his shoulders all around and picks his feet up and down really quickly on the floor, it is hilarious to see him "dance"

--What's in your mouth? Result= mouth open wide and tongue out (Grandpa O gets credit for this one)

--Blows kisses if you do it to him first or if you ask him to blow you a kiss

--At meal time he holds out both of his hands in the air to hold hands with everyone around him to pray. If we say the word "pray" he immediately sticks his hands out for ours, soooooo sweet.

--He climbs on anything and everything...

--Thus we have started "the wall" which is basically the same thing as having a naughty step and/or time out. When he's climing on top of the coffee table, and we've told him to get down countless times, he gets to sit in front of the blank wall in our living room for a minute or however long I can hold him there. He doesn't like it and it usually results in him crying and screaming...however, he doesn't crawl on top of the coffee table once this occurs ;) So far so good!

--If we're playing outside and decide it's time to come inside Grant now screams bloody murder, it's really charming

--He says "up" when he wants to get up on something or just mimics us when we say it

--He says Mom/Momma much more freely now, yea!

--When I get out of the car to run into a store quickly, while Frank sits in the car with him, he screams in protest of being left

--His walk is almost a run now...a couple more weeks and I bet his little legs will be in a full out run. I love hearing his busy little feet on our floors.

--This weekend he saw a dog on the tv and starting going "woof," "woof"

Lastly, we had a fun weekend with Grandpa and Grandma R watching Grant on Saturday night so Frank & I could enjoy the Mariners/Yankee game with our friends Kurt & Sarah in Seattle. We enjoyed a night out but were happy to get home to see our little guy ;)


We visited Grandpa R's great pumpkin patch, Grant loved the dirt (I love this picture but Grant was NOT cooperating and smiling until Bonnie decided to join them, it turned out just perfectly)
Enormous sunflowers in the garden
Do you see what I see Grandpa?
Another great family photo op I couldn't pass up
Hmmmm Grandpa, I think there are more potatoes down there you just have to keep digging ;)

And, in anticipation of it being Monday tomorrow...we're on #20 of the 31 Biblical Virtues to Pray for your Kiddos: Compassion. "Lord, please clothe my children with the virtue of compassion" (Col. 3:12).

Have a great week everyone!
Love,
Abby

1 comment:

the o's said...

thank God for friends who are going thru the SAME stages at the SAME time! we must get together soon and compare notes on the "time-outs", screaming, etc! they are becoming sooo much more fun but also so much more challenging! miss you guys!